This is part one of a two-part series: Unmasking The Potential Of A Musicpreneur. CLICK HERE to check out part two.
Today I talk to Tommy about what it takes to have a music career. Tommy Darker is a musician, music industry thinker and writes about the Musicpreneur movement. He is the founder of Darker Music Talks and has one of the more epic beards I’ve ever seen. Getting his start after leaving a safe, secure job with the army to pursue music, Tommy knows what it feels like to make sacrifices. Anybody serious about a music career should pay attention to the tips in this episode.
I can’t wait for you to hear the wisdom Tommy has brought with him.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• Changes in the global music industry
• What the “new mission” looks like
• Why a music career is more possible than ever
• Why we are in a transition and should be excited
• Perfectionism and why it’s useless
• How to make intuitive decisions
• Why art is all about asking questions
• Practical steps to bringing a vision to life
• Why not having a vision is the same as not having anything
• The importance of setting realistic goals
• Patreon <—– SUPPORT TOMMY ON PATREON
• Midem 2014 (YouTube)
• Hachiko (the film)
• The Indecisive Musicpreneur (Tommy’s book)
Find Tommy On The Web
Right-click HERE and “save-as” to download this episode to your desktop
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and always appreciated!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A very special thank-you to Mr. Tommy Darker for joining me this week. See you next time!