Today I’m going to show you a quick way to promote your music video by using a free app called Google Photos to create a ‘teaser’ video.
WARNING: Don’t dismiss this as “just another app you won’t use”… Because it WILL make your life easier.
You hear all the time how you need to “engage” with fans online through video, photo, social media—yadda, yadda, yadda…
But I guarantee you don’t have the time to edit, manage, and create all that content.
And that’s why you need Google Photos.
It does all that for you—all you have to do is tap “share”.
It’s a no-brainer.
Step 1: What you need
You’ll need these three things before you can make your video.
- Android — click HERE to see supported Android devices
- iPad or iPhone — any model will work
- Video clips related to your music video
- …Or images related to your music video
Step 2: Make your promo video—quickly
Make the promo video—select clips to use and let Google do everything else.
- Open the Google Photos app .
- At the bottom, tap Photos .
- Touch and hold the first photo or video clip you want to include, then select the rest (I recommend selecting no more than 5 clips).
- At the top right, tap Create > Movie.
- Wait for Google Photos to make your video (usually takes 30 – 60 seconds).
Step 3: Edit and share
You’ll only need 60 seconds to add music, pick a theme, title, and share your promo video with fans in whatever way tickles your fancy.
- Once your video is finished, tap Play to watch it.
- At the top, tap Untitled to add a title (the title will display in the first few seconds of the video).
- Add music:
- Tap Music .
- Tap My Music .
- Tap your song.
- Change theme:
- At the bottom left, tap Themes . (You can change the themes while your video is playing to see how they look).
- When you’re done, tap Done .
- Once your video is finished rendering, tap Share .
Send the video to fans, friends, your email list, social media accounts—wherever. Tell everyone your music video is coming and here’s a sneak peak.
We also added links to sign up for our email list and sent the full video to them before the ‘official’ release. Our free, ‘teaser’ helped us get thousands of additional views for our music video. And it only took two minutes to make.
Do you think Google Photos would help you market and promote your music? Do you have any ideas that you’d like to try using the app? Let me know in the comments below.