One of the coolest things about this band is they produce everything themselves – music, design, merch, music videos… They learned everything via the internet, without formal training. I thought that was impressive and asked Tom to come on the show explain how they do it all!
If you have any requests, ideas, tips or suggestions relating to the podcast, feel free to post them in the comment section at the bottom of this page.
In this episode you’ll learn:
• Where most musicians make their money today.
• Why building a core fanbase is so important to promoting music online.
• Finding fans that want to pay you.
• Why it,s better to give away your music for free than to charge $1 per download.
• Why music shouldn’t be considered a product.
• How a record deal can actually make it harder to be a successful musician.
• Why YouTube, iTunes and Spotify are the best places to get discovered.
• Why you should only focus on learning one or two social media sites at a time.
• Learn what “go where the big fish are” means and why it’s important.
• A lesser known EP release strategy and why its awesome.
• The benefits of releasing a music video with every song.
• Why its “essential” for a small band to have a strong digital presence.
“Don’t do something you love just to get paid. Do it until someone pays you not to stop.”
• Tom Nuorivaara – Vocals, Guitar
• Juho Rinne – Guitar, Vocals
• Jesse Malaska – Bass, Vocals
• Otto Uotila – Drums, Vocals
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me this week! To be honest with you, this was my first podcast and I was nervous.
If you have some feedback let me know in the comment section below, and if you enjoyed this episode please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Last but not least, feel free to sign up to receive exclusive updates. As soon as we publish something you will be the first to get it!
Make 1K With Your Music This Month
How I made a dependable income playing original music doing these 3 things at every gig