At the risk of sounding melodramatic, if you want to make it in the music industry and seeking the truth about what it takes, today’s episode could be a game changer for you.
Peter was introduced to me by the guest of our previous episode—Graham Cochrane from The Recording Revolution. What I love about Peter (and Graham), is how confident they are in the belief that anyone can make it in the music industry today—because they’ve lived it.
That’s why Peter is so unapologetic with his brutal, honest critique of musicians during the interview. His success in the music industry is the result of his work, skill, and knowledge. He’s right, and he knows it.
That’s why the interviews featured on Musician Monster are important. You’re basically rewiring your brain with the knowledge and mindset you need get the results you want. To do what you love full–time on your terms, learning to think like the successful independent artists who have gone before you, is a prerequisite.
If you’re needing motivation and inspiration, suit up. You’re going to love today’s episode.
Links and info mentioned in this episode:
- https://www.youtube.com/skyrim (Peter’s video cover of the Skyrim theme song with Lindsey Stirling – nearly 65 million views as of March 2017)
- https://youtu.be/yzqc2TjUcwU (My video reviewing the YouTube business model based on Peter and Lindsey’s Skyrim video)
- http://services.google.com/music_playbook_guide.pdf (Music Creator Playbook PDF)
- https://creatoracademy.youtube.com (Official course from Google on how to build a YouTube fanbase around your music – This course is FREE)
- https://creatoracademy.youtube.com (Everything you need to know about using YouTube to grow your fanbase)
- https://peterhollens.com/albums (Buy Peter’s music)
- https://www.patreon.com/peterhollens (Support Peter on Patreon)
Connect with Peter:
- https://peterhollens.com (Official site)
- https://www.youtube.com/user/peterhollens (YouTube)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hollens (Wikipedia)
- https://www.facebook.com/PeterHollensMusic (Facebook)
- https://twitter.com/peterhollens (Twitter)
- https://plus.google.com/+PeterHollens (Google +)
- http://peterhollens.tumblr.com (Tumblr)
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and always appreciated!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A very special thank you to Peter for joining me this week.
Until next time: Rock on and prosper.
Is there a musician or music industry figure that you’d like us to interview? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a tweet to @musicianmonster — including the name and contact info (if you have it) of the person you’d like to have interviewed.