Today’s guest is John Oszajca, the founder of Music Marketing Manifesto.
In 1999, John secured what he calls, one of the “largest” record deals of all time. He was featured in Rolling Stone, MTV, and countless other publications. But his music wasn’t selling. And the label dropped him.
Through years of trial and error, John stumbled on a “formula” to market and sell music online. The strategy has been used to sell more albums online than all other music marketing strategies combined. John’s perfected this formula over time, and teaches it to musicians and anyone that wants to market their music. Today, he’s sharing it with Musician Monster.
I can’t wait for you to hear the wisdom John brings in today’s podcast episode.
In This Episode, You’ll Learn:
- How to market your music online step by step
- Why the hardest part of music marketing music is getting started…
- …And 3 growth hacks that will save you time and get you fast results
- The 5 essential tools to simplify your online marketing strategy
- How to get people to buy your music without resorting to sleazy sales tricks techniques
- The role Facebook plays in your music marketing strategy (HINT: it’s not what you think)
- Where to direct people after they sign up to download your music…
- …And why it’s an essential step that you do NOT want to skip
Links and info mentioned in this episode:
- musicmarketingmanifesto.com (John’s music marketing website)
- Music Marketing Manifesto 3.0 (latest version of John Oszajca’s music marketing course)
- View Facebook audience insights (this page will not open unless you’re logged into facebook and have a Facebook Ad account)
- Create a Facebook Ad (this page will not open unless you’re logged into facebook and have a Facebook Ad account)
- Learn about Facebook Ads (register for Facebook’s free course that has everything you need to get started)
- Music Marketing Strategies and Tools (Our Resources page)
Music Marketing Strategies To Get You Started
Four steps to organically grow a fanbase using Facebook ADS:
- Define 3 artists that you sound like
- Use Facebook audience insights tool to find people that like those bands
- Purchase ads and deliver them to those people
- Test, improve, and scale up
Everything you need to market your music online:
- A website that you own and control
- A list of people who are interested in what you do
- A squeeze page or a landing page
- An email management tool
- Understand the basics of copywriting
Right-click HERE and “save-as” to download this episode to your desktop
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and always appreciated! And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
And finally, a very special thank-you to Mr. John Oszajca for joining me this week. Until next time, Rock on and prosper.
Is there a musician or music industry figure that you’d like us to interview? Send an email to [email protected] or a tweet to @musicianmonster — including the name and contact info (if you have it) of the person you’d like to have interviewed.