A little over a year ago I attended a webinar that was hosted by Dave Kusek from the New Artist Model. In that webinar, Dave shared some of the most helpful information I have ever received. When pursuing music, one of the biggest challenges is finding out what to actually do. The options are limitless. That’s why I’m excited about today’s episode. Dave narrows down those infinite options to three, specific paths.
I can’t wait for you to hear the wisdom Dave brings with him in today’s podcast episode.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What the three paths in the music industry are
- How to decide which path is right for you
- Why chasing a label is useless…
- …Unless you have a strategy
- …Dave shares how to get that strategy (and how to decide if it’s right for you)
- How to answer big questions about your career – yourself
- What the “Sharing Economy” is and why it’s important
- How to narrow your focus when pursuing your path in music
- New Artist Model (Dave’s website)
- Berklee Online (Dave is the co-founder)
- The Future of Music (Dave’s book)
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and always appreciated!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A very special thank-you to Dave Kusek for joining me this week.
Until next time: Rock on and prosper!
Is there a musician or music industry figure that you’d like us to interview? Send an email to [email protected] or a tweet to @musicianmonster — including the name and contact info (if you have it) of the person you’d like to have interviewed.