In the last podcast episode, I explained the experiment we’re doing on Musician Monster and how were taking an original song from a concept and showing what we do to earn income from it. We’re going through the entire process and sharing everything with you.
That said, one of the first steps to making money with music is to record it. This step is pricey, and we want to figure out how to get it done inexpensively, without sacrificing quality.
Today’s guest is Tom from MadCraft. Tom’s been on the show before, but I invited him to come back and explain how he records his own music—without going into the studio and spending a fortune.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How to get started with recording your music.
- …And why you probably don’t need any new gear
- Where to place your mics for great audio
- Modeling amps and why they’re perfect for beginners
- The benefits of multi-tracking
- The best place to record vocals FREE
- Quick tips for recording guitar and bass…
- Mics that are inexpensive but sound great
- Recording drums—easy ways to make them sound great
- Learn more about recording audio:
[popup_trigger id=”13237″ tag=”span”]*Important disclaimer[/popup_trigger]
- Sure SM 57 – Mic* (Buy on Amazon)
- XLR Mic – Cables* (Buy on Amazon)
- Rode NT2 – Mic* (Buy on Amazon)
- Line 6 – Amp Modeling (Download at Line6.com FREE)
- Presonus Fire Studio – Audio Interface* (Buy on Amazon)
- Pro Tools – DAW = Digital Audio Workstation (Visit their website)
- Sign up for Pro Tools – DAW (Sign up for a FREE 30-day trial)
- Logic Pro X DAW – (Buy on Apple’s website)
- Reaper DAW – (FREE on company’s website)
- Garage Band – DAW (FREE to download and install on Apple products)
- Superior Drummer – DAW/Drum tracks (Buy on TuneTrack.com … it’s really expensive)
- More From MadCraft:
Right-Click Here To Download This Episode To Your Desktop
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and always appreciated!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
And thank you, Tom, for coming on the show.
Until next time…
Rock on and prosper