This is part two of a two part series “Unmasking The Potential Of A Musicpreneur”
In part two of our discussion, Tommy and I spend a lot of time talking about indecision. The topic hit home for me because it’s easy to worry about making the wrong move out of fear about what might happen. There’s a ton to talk about and I do not want to spoil anything. I will save everything else for the interview.
In case you don’t know–Tommy Darker is a musician, music industry thinker and frequently writes about the Musicpreneur movement. He is also the founder of Darker Music Talks. Getting his start after leaving a safe, secure job with the army to pursue music, Tommy knows what it feels like to make sacrifices. Anybody serious about a music career should pay attention to the tips in this episode.
Warning: This episode might blow your mind!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• Why most successful people are creative and what they had to change.
• Lifestyle by design, what it is and why it’s scary (but totally worth it)!
• Defining a musician’s new mission.
• Why freedom is scary and how to cope.
• How to determine if you want something bad enough to actually get it.
• What it means to “burn the boats”.
• Why perfectionism, when it comes to art, is useless.
• Involving fans in the writing process and getting feedback.
• Why creating a unique experience is so important.
• How making decisions is like going to the gym.
• Using the “Fire, ready, AIM!” principle to improve your decision making.
• Vision and why it makes all the difference.
• How to set goals, accomplish them and why it’s easier than most expect.
Sometimes, we choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality.
~Jim Carrey (Maharishi University class of 2014 speech)
• Patreon <—– SUPPORT TOMMY ON PATREON
• The Indecisive Musicpreneur (Tommy’s book)
• YouTube (Jim Carrey’s Speech)
• Medium (Tommy’s essay on feedback)
Find Tommy On The Web
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and always appreciated!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A very special thank-you to Mr. Tommy Darker for the epic knowledge bombs. See you guys next time!