My guest today is a woman who knows what she’s talking about when it comes to being a musician.
Kobra Paige is a phenomenal vocalist and songwriter–but she didn’t get there overnight. Starting her journey as a spectator in a Judas Priest concert, she spent years writing songs and continues to pursue her music at all costs.
Her band, Kobra and the Lotus have toured and opened for KISS, Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Black Label Society, Max Cavalera, Slash, Steel Panther, Buckcherry, Amaranthe, Fear Factory, Primal Fear, Stratovarius, Praying Mantis, Demon Hunter, Amanda Somerville, Hate Eternal and Sonata Arctica.
I can’t wait for you to hear the wisdom Kobra has brought with her today. Let’s rock!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• The importance of being authentic as an artist
• Why pressure to “sell out” is a lie
• What it was like working with Gene Simmons
• Why there are no shortcuts when it comes to music…
• You have to do the work
• What it’s like touring with Def Leppard and Judas Priest
• How to stay positive
• Why acknowledging small wins makes a big difference
• Why it’s necessary to treat every show the same
• Understanding you are there to give energy to the people at your show and not the other way around
• How music is more of a “business card” today
• Why it’s important to separate personal and professional relationships with band members
If you believe in something, pursue it!
Follow Kobra Paige and Kobra and the Lotus
Purchase KATL’s Music
Current Band Members
• Kobra Paige – vocals, piano (2009–present)
• Jasio Kulakowski – lead/rhythm guitar (2012–present)
• Brad Kennedy – bass guitar (2013–present)
• Bones Elias – guest drums
• Jake Dreyer – guest guitars
• Out of the Pit (2010)
• Kobra and the Lotus (2012)
• High Priestess (2014)
|Title||From the album|
|“Ace Of Spades”||Out of the Pit|
|“Ride Like Sugar”|
|“Welcome To My Funeral”||Kobra and the Lotus|
|“50 Shades Of Evil”|
• Moving Pictures (whole album)
• Hemispheres (whole album)
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and always appreciated!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A very special thank-you to Kobra Paige for joining me this week. See you all next time!