In this episode, you’ll learn:
• How to start your own house concerts.
• Why house concert tours earn more income than traditional touring
• Misconceptions a potential host might have and how to overcome them
• Who to impress if you want to build momentum, quickly
• Why a house concert requires ZERO promotion
• Why her E-mail list is her most valuable asset
• Finding the right hosts
• Creating the ideal performance space
• Helping your hosts put together their invite lists
• Setup and flow
• Gathering donations
While reading Shannon’s book, I was blown away by the process of putting together a house concert and by how practical it is! If you are interested in learning more about it, I encourage you to read her book
Some of the topics covered in Shannon’s Book:
• How to build an itinerary using your existing email list and social media relationships
• How to focus your audience and maximize your show’s intimacy and connectivity
• How best to pace the evening to maximize guests’ experience (and your income!)
• How to partner with your host for a financially successful event
• Specific equipment recommendations and how-tos
• How to create awareness, maximize your effectiveness, and make more money
• How to set yourself up for a successful event by guaranteeing “critical mass”
Shannon Curtis has a new album releasing June 16th. I encourage you to check out on of the featured tracks, I Know I Know. The message and meaning behind the song, at least in my opinion, is a testament to the “why” behind her success. It’s worth checking out!
• Shannon’s book (Paperback) *2015
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and absolutely appreciated!
And finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Special thanks to Shannon Curtis for coming on the show. I appreciate you!
Until next time…