Today’s guest is Grant McFarland. His band, Galactic Empire, moved from obscurity to stardom almost instantly. They did not have a fan base or a significant internet presence—they had never even released an album. They covered the main Star Wars theme and released a music video alongside it. In 24 hours that video was viewed over 2 million times, leading to more than 2,000 sales of Galactic Empire’s rendition of the Star Wars theme, in less than 7 days.
After their video went viral, Galactic Empire was featured in some of the most popular publications in the world: Entertainment Weekly, E!, Guitar World Magazine, Guitar World, Huffington Post, Metal Injection among others. The video also helped them get numerous endorsements.
If going viral sounds good to you, then you’ll love today’s episode of the MusicianMonster podcast!*
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The three things you need to in order to produce a top quality music video
- The first steps to creating a viral video—FREE
- How to locate and use the resources you have to make a viral music video
- Why you don’t need a big video or recording studio to create a viral music video
- The best way to build momentum
- How to sell out a tour before you leave your hometown
- Watch Galactic Empires rendition of the Star Wars theme on…
- Purchase it on iTunes
- www.atriumaudio.com (Grant’s recording studio)
- www.harryfox.com (License music)
- www.loudr.fm (License music)
- Learn the three things that make a music video go viral (Published on MusicianMonster)
- Build your fanbase like a Jedi (Published on MusicianMonster)
Follow Galactic Empire:
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are helpful and always appreciated.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
And finally, a big thank you to Grant for coming on the show. Until next time…
Rock on and prosper!