Today’s guest is a masterful musician. Carl Verheyen has been a full-time guitarist since he was 21 years old, holding his first job long enough to pay off his new Les Paul. Despite his success, the way Carl thinks about his role will surprise you.
Carl Verheyen is one of the “Top 100 Guitarists of All Time” (according to Classic Rock Magazine) and among the “Top 10 Guitar Players in the World” (Guitar Magazine)–in 1996, he won the LA Music Awards category of Best Guitarist. Carl is mostly known for his guitar work in the band Supertramp (60 million records sold worldwide). He’s also served as a session guitarist for artists like the Bee Gees and Cher. Carl has also recorded studio guitar for sitcoms like Cheers and Seinfeld; and soundtracks for films like The Crow and The Usual Suspects.
Today Mr. Verheyen gives us a glimpse into the life of a music industry professional and shares insight on what it takes to become one. If playing music full-time sound good, then the information in today’s episode will be music to your ears.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How to balance your life between family and music
- Carl’s role in Supertramp
- The options available under the banner of solo musician
- How to be a musician that people are excited to work with
- Ways to get paid that most of us never thought of
- How daily renewal can feed your creativity
- The benefits of continuously reinventing yourself
- Why it’s important for a musician to remove clutter and stay organized
- How to set and achieve goals with music
- What makes certain musician’s infinitely more hireable than others
- Carl’s official Site
- Carl’s guitar secrets
- See when Carl’s coming to your area (tour dates)
- How to make 1k per with your music (published one MusicianMonster)
Follow Carl On The Web:
Right-click HERE and “save-as” to download this episode to your desktop
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for the Musician Monster Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are immensely helpful and always appreciated.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
A very special thank-you to Carl Verheyen for joining me this week. Until next time…
Rock on and prosper!
Do you want me to interview your favorite musician? Send me an email: [email protected] or a tweet: @musicianmonster and make your request. All you have to do is give me their name and contact info (if you have it) and I’ll invite them on the show. The only criteria is that they must be a full-time musician.